Stars of the Space Coast
Finalists named for ’22 Parrish Stars of the Space Coast Awards
Finalists have been named for the eighth annual Parrish Medical Stars of Space Coast Awards to honor the “stellar work” of nonprofits, which will be presented Friday, Dec. 2, by 211 Brevard.
Honorees for the four key awards are listed below.
A special award, the 211 Brevard Rising Star, will honor Hummingbird Pantry for its work in fighting food insecurity in North Brevard.
Winners will be announced at the ceremony beginning at at 11:30am at the Space Coast Health Foundation’s Center for Collaboration on US 1 in Rockledge. Finalists each receive two complimentary tickets.
Master of ceremonies will be Greg Pallone, Brevard bureau chief and field anchor for News 13.
Tickets also may be purchased here.
- Good Deeds Foundation (Cape Canaveral Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America)
- Healthcare for Homeless Veterans (Veterans Affairs Viera Outpatient Clinic
- Melbourne Vet Center
Florida Power & Light Community Star
- Carrfour Supportive Housing
- Housing for Homeless
- Space Coast Community Development Corp.
- Brevard County Public Libraries
- FDLRS East Child Find (Brevard Public Schools)
- Viera Pediatrics
(Mental Health Services)
- Brevard CARES Mobile Response Team
- Coastal Psychiatric Urgent Care
- Space Coast Recovery
Gold Star Sponsors
Silver Star Sponsors
- Superstar: Down the Road Thrift
- All-Star: Brevard Health Alliance
- Community Star: Eckerd Connects Family Support Services
- Supernova: Lifetime Counseling Center
- Superstar: Volunteers of America Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
- All-Star: Space Coast Early Steps
- Community Star: Family Promise of Brevard
- Supernova: The Women’s Center of Brevard
- Superstar Employee: Ginny Gleason, Brevard Public Schools
- Superstar Volunteer: Joe Downs, Project Lifesaver and Brevard TRIAD
- Community Star: The Brianna Marie Foundation
- Supernova: Alliance for Neighborhood Restoration
- Superstar Employee: Steve Kelly, Housing for Homeless
- Superstar Volunteer: Dr. Kevin Hachmeister
- All-Stars: Catholic Charities, Central Brevard Sharing Center, Salvation Army Melbourne
- Community Star: The Orion Foundation
- Starburst: Community Foundation for Brevard, Space Coast Health Foundation, United Way of Brevard
- Supernova: Family Promise of Brevard
- Superstar: Tom Kammerdener, Aging Matters in Brevard; Joe Steckler, Helping Seniors of Brevard
- Community Star: Brevard Family Partnership
- All-Stars: Chris Brotemarkle, Geraldine Doyle, Keith Gee
- Supernova: Central Brevard Sharing Center
- Superstar: Pastor Jarvis Wash, My Community Cares
- Lodestar: Daily Bread
- Community Star: SOAK (Supporting Our ASD Kids)
- Supernova: Brevard Schools Foundation
- Superstar: Susan Thomas, Rolling Readers
- Lodestar: Brevard Achievement Center
- Community Star: Nana’s House