COVID-19 Assistance Fund
Emergency Rental Assistance for Brevard County residents:
The deadline for applications for the ERA program is Wednesday, Dec. 31. A new program will go into effect sometime after that, and information will be posted here when it is available.
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides financial assistance and housing stability services for those impacted by COVID-19. Eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant must be income eligible.
- Documentation of all income from the entire household as reported on the Household Income Section of the application (include two months of bank statements, pay stubs, etc., or a 2020 tax return (IRS Form 1040)).
- All members of a household must be accounted for in the application.
- Fill or download applications here.
In-person assistance with the application and documents is available:
- Monday from 12 to 5 p.m., Tuesday- Friday 9-5 p.m. at the Eau Gallie Public Library,1521 Pineapple Ave. Melbourne, FL 32935.
- Monday – Friday 9-4 p.m. at the Franklin T. DeGroodt Memorial Library, 6475 Minton Rd. S.W. Palm Bay, FL 32908.
Burial assistance or COVID-19 related deaths:
Brevard County government has limited funds to assist Brevard families who have lost a loved one due to COVID-19.
- The cause of death on the death certificate must be directly or indirectly related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Example of indirect: heart attack (main) exacerbated by the coronavirus.
- Household income must be below 150% of poverty ($39,300 for a family of 4).
- Online application here.
- Download or print the application here.