Assistance for Brevard County residents: The Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides financial assistance and housing stability services for those impacted by COVID-19. Eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant must be income eligible.
- Documentation of all income from the entire household as reported on the Household Income Section of the application (include two months of bank statements, paystubs, etc., or a 2020 tax return (IRS Form 1040)).
- All members of a household must be accounted for in the application.
- Fill or download applications here.
OUR Florida, Emergency Rental Assistance Program: Department of Children and Families is accepting applications at OURFlorida.com. Qualified applicants may receive up to 12 months for rent arrears with an additional three months going forward and up to 15 months of utilities. Phone number for those without Internet is 833-493-0594.
- Earn an income at or below 80% of the area median income.
- Have qualified for unemployment, experienced a loss of income, incurred significant costs or faced financial hardships due to the recent public health emergency.
- Are at risk of losing their home or are living in unstable or unhealthy conditions.
Assistance for Melbourne residents only: The City of Melbourne’s Emergency Rental, Mortgage, and Public Utilities Assistance Program will provide temporary assistance for rent, mortgage and/or public utilities payments, while funds last.
- Maximum monthly assistance will be $1,600 (for maximum of three months) and will be made directly to the creditor.
- Household must have experienced a verifiable loss of income due to the impacts of CODIV-19, such as a layoff, furlough, or reduction of hours.
- Income limits will apply.
- Applicant must be delinquent on monthly rent or mortgage or public utilities payments after March 1, 2020, and have less than $5,000 in liquid assets.
- Should complete pre-screening checklist here.
- Only open to people who live within city limits; many people have Melbourne addresses but do not live in city. Check address here.
Assistance for Titusville residents only: The City of Titusville’s COVID19 Emergency Assistance Program for rent, mortgage or utilities under the CARES Act Emergency Assistance Program is accepting applications. Applicant must:
- Be resident of Titusville and meet income limits.
- Demonstrate need and loss or reduction of household income as result of COVID-19.
- Demonstrate that benefits under this program are not duplicative of funds received from other sources.
- City utilities such as water, sewer or garbage are not eligible.
- Print or download application here.
- Use online application portal here.
Burial assistance or COVID-related deaths: Brevard County government has limited funds to assist Brevard families who have lost a loved one due to COVID-19.
- Cause of death on the death certificate must be directly or indirectly related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Example of indirect: heart attack (main) exacerbated by coronavirus.
- Household income must be below 150% of poverty ($39,300 for a family of 4).
- Online application here.
- Download or print application here.
Find Information on Free Local Testing Sites