Note: The tax filing deadline has been extended to April 18 this year because of a holiday in the District of Columbia.
Free online tax preparation is available through www.myfreetaxes.com/UnitedWayofBrevard for households earning less than $62,000.
Also, United Way of Brevard is offering free help with tax preparation at multiple locations for households earning less than $59,000. Click below for more information on days, times, places and documents to bring.
United Way/Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA):
- Rockledge: noon-6 p.m. Mondays at CareerSource Brevard, 295 Barnes Blvd.
- Palm Bay: 1-6 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays at CareerSource Brevard, 5275 Babcock St. N.E.
- Melbourne: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays at the Salvation Army, 1080 S. Hickory St.
Households earning less than $59,000 are eligible for the walk-in aid. No appointment is necessary, but a dress code is enforced at CareerSource Brevard sites.
Retired and active-duty military should call 494-4718 for an appointment for assistance through VITA at Patrick Air Force Base.
What you need to bring, if possible:
- Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers.
- Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace statements, if applicable.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099).
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse, and/or dependents or social security number verification letter issued by SSA for all persons listed on the tax return.
- Photo identification for you and your spouse.
- A copy of last year’s tax return.
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit, copy of check.
- Day care expenses with the providers EIN and amount paid (If applicable).
- Any other relevant information about income and expenses.